OK, so the Lionel trains have all been sold, and the new Digitrax DCC is in place. You know - the place were I put things, like, um, sitting in a box where Durango will hopefully exist one day.
And, in a feat of amazing productivity (for me), I finished the 18 new hoppers I've been working on over the winter. These are all custom-lettered for the RGS or a few other Colorado roads, and all have unique numbers. But you know... finding, cutting out, and applying unique numbers (4 per car, mind you) is time consuming. But, all 18 are done and running on the layout now, new 'chess pieces' for eventual operations.
Actually, they're also waiting for weathering, but that'll have to wait for warm weather for outdoor spraying.
Anyway, I was then able to start a little work on adjusting the wiring for the DCC system, when I noticed some discoloration on the ceiling tile over the (fully occupied) Ridgway yard. This is the ceilng tile that's right below the dishwasher hook-up for the kitchen. Turns out the supply hose was leaking a little. I thought it'd be a quick fix, but after several tries involving washers, thread tape, and pliers, it refuses to stay completely dry. So, now there's a completely new hose hanging on the bannister into the basement, waiting for my next attempt.
And in the meantime, I'm working on taxes and still updating links on the website. I've got 677 of the 1011 Bob Richardson photo links updated so far, which is probably 1200 actual individual links. And of course they're many more photo links besides Bob's.
And btw, I also was laid off - AGAIN! My new position has been an ideal fit in many ways, but corporate decided it's profits were threatened for this year and chopped the headcount. And being one of the newest employees, in a newly-created position that's remote from the corporate office... well, it didn't go so well. I'm interviewing now, hopefully this will be over soon. It's not fun.